GEDS is an active amateur drama society which welcomes English-speaking people from all over the world. Our activities are in English, but many of our members are not of English mother tongue, and a cross-section of our audiences and membership reflects the diversity of the Geneva region.
Working together on a production can be a very rewarding way to make friends, learn new skills and have fun. GEDS members have diverse interests and talents: acting, administrative, backstage, bar work, carpentry, directing, lighting, make-up, painting, programme-selling, prompting, props-making, publicity, set design, set construction, stage management, sound, ticket-checking, sewing, sandwich-making, ushering - to name just a few! Some members have no experience at all when they join but are keen to learn - and our members are keen to teach. Others join because they love theatre and simply want to watch the plays and playreadings.
Why not join GEDS? Members benefit from:
- 20% reduction on tickets to GEDS stage productions, during a pre-booking period;
- Free entry to all rehearsed play readings;
- Participation in all GEDS activities;
- GEDS at a Glance: brief, timely reminders of GEDS activities
BECOMING A MEMBER
- Click Here to fill in Membership form online.
- Alternatively, you can download and complete the membership form (available in PDF format) and return the form to the GEDS Membership Secretary
- By email. at email@example.com
- In person at the next playreading.
- By post to Geneva English Drama Society, 1200 Geneva, Switzerland.
Pay the membership fee. Please note that you will only become a member and start receiving information about GEDS events when you have paid your yearly subscription (see below for payment information).
- CHF 60 – individual membership
- CHF 40 – for those who have reached retirement age
- CHF 30 – for students and those receiving unemployment benefits, as well as trial membership (valid for the first year of membership only)
Membership payment methods
- Online Credit Card Payment - details / link provided in the Confirmation email on completion of Membership form
- E-banking with your bank
- In cash at a playreading
- With Bulletin de Versement at any Swiss Post Office
For E-banking or the Post Office please provide the following information:
- The reference "Membership 2020-21"
- Your name, telephone number, and email address
Our bank details:
- Name and address: Geneva English Drama Society, 1200 Geneva, Switzerland
- GEDS' postal account number (CCP): 12-10826-9
- IBAN: CH05 0900 0000 1201 0826 9
- BIC: POFICHBEXXX
Print This Page